HomeLab - Sophos XG SSL VPN and Comcast

Ugh... Comcast. 

This sucked particularly much as this was my first attempt to configure a VPN back to my HomeLab and therefore was not sure what options I should have *known* would work.  Anywho...

Sophos SSL VPN uses 8443 by default.  I spent a few hours trying to get through the config on the Sophos and my Linux client.  Nothing was working.

For giggles I changed the Sophos to use 443, and then updated my client on my Linux workstation.  And suddenly it all works.  Fowk.  Tried 8443 again.  No love.

I don't want to utilize port 443 as I intend to actually host some web apps for testing. 

So, I have finalized on an "alternate" port which had to be configured on both the Sophos and the Linux client.

I'l be doing a better write-up about this later.  I still need to figure out how to configure all this via the Gnome Network-Manager GUI.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Software RAID via kickstart (not cloud, sorry)

Cloud It Out Loud #clouditoutloud