Kind of a Gluster ... Installation woes on 3.11
Update (and TL;DR:) - make sure you are using the right version of Ansible. For whatever reason I had believed that I should be at 2.6. Once I updated to 2.8 everything ran correctly.
This is probably one of those times when my persistence coupled with OCD behavior was NOT on my side...
I have spent literally weeks (elapsed) and probably days (actual) of time trying to deploy my OCP 3.11 Cluster to use Gluster for the Persistent Storage (apps and infra). And it has failed.. and failed... and failed miserably.
Started off with one hypervisor - Xeon and 96GB of memory, 2 x TB of HDD.
VMs would (eventually) lock up and require hard restarts. Hmm.. memory?
So, I went and fired up my 3 x HP ML30s (each with 64GB and 1 TB of HDD)
Still no love.
I'm still fairly novice using Ansible and the scripts/role/playbooks/whatever they're called are actually pretty complex, not idempotent, have to be run in a specific order, etc... Huh?
So - there will be a bunch of references at the bottom which hopefully are useful. There is no "fix" at this time, but seemingly are work-arounds.
Starting with my original Inventory which includes my Gluster nodes...
https://github.com/cloudxabide/matrix.lab/blob/master/Files/ocp-3.11-multiple_master_native_ha-2xOCS.yml
I have opted to create a "pre" Inventory file with the Gluster components commented out.
Here is the sdiff
https://github.com/cloudxabide/matrix.lab/blob/master/Files/sdiff-2xOCS-and-2xOCS-pre.txt
I have executed this successfully once now, but the procedure is:
#
cd /usr/share/ansible/openshift-ansibleansible all --list-hosts -i ~/ocp-3.11-multiple_master_native_ha-2xOCS-pre.yml# The prereqs can be executed with the Gluster components present in the Inventoryansible-playbook -i ~/ocp-3.11-multiple_master_native_ha-2xOCS.yml playbooks/prerequisites.yml -vvv | tee ocp_prerequisites-`date +%F`.logsansible-playbook -i ~/ocp-3.11-multiple_master_native_ha-2xOCS-pre.yml playbooks/deploy_cluster.yml -vvv | tee ocp_deploy_cluster-pre-`date +%F`.logsansible-playbook -i ~/ocp-3.11-multiple_master_native_ha-2xOCS.yml playbooks/openshift-glusterfs/config.yml -vvv | tee ocp_glusterfs-config`date +%F`.logs
run prereqs with a "complete" OCS enabled inventory
run deploy_cluster with the GlusterFS components absent
run playbooks/openshift-glusterfs/config.yml referencing the complete inventory
References
Installing OpenShift Container Platform | Retrying the installation
release-3.11: Running deploy_cluster.yml expects GlusterFS to be available before it is deployed #12002
Bug 1777499 - Installation is failing at TASK [openshift_storage_glusterfs : Check for GlusterFS cluster health] [NEEDINFO]
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1777499&GoAheadAndLogIn=1
Comments
Post a Comment