Linux - Visual Studio Code IDE
I put away my pitchforks for protesting Microsoft almost 2 decades ago. At first I was in the Microsoft is the devil camp... then I started working on Solaris... and then AIX... and then Linux (SuSE) and finally Red Hat Enterprise Linux. With each iteration along that timeline, I continued to care less and less about what was going on with Microsoft and Windows. When Microsoft started to show up in the headlines regarding Linux compatibility, Red Hat collaboration, Open Source contributions, I was minimally apprehensive and was actually rather optimistic that times were changing and they saw the light.
Today - I am about to install the Linux version of Visual Studio Code (relegating Atom IDE to be the failback).
Today - I am about to install the Linux version of Visual Studio Code (relegating Atom IDE to be the failback).
sudo rpm --import https://packages.microsoft.com/keys/microsoft.asc
sudo su -c 'echo -e "[code]\nname=Visual Studio Code\nbaseurl=https://packages.microsoft.com/yumrepos/vscode\nenabled=1\ngpgcheck=1\ngpgkey=https://packages.microsoft.com/keys/microsoft.asc" > /etc/yum.repos.d/vscode.repo'
dnf check-update
sudo dnf -y install code
sudo su -c 'echo -e "[code]\nname=Visual Studio Code\nbaseurl=https://packages.microsoft.com/yumrepos/vscode\nenabled=1\ngpgcheck=1\ngpgkey=https://packages.microsoft.com/keys/microsoft.asc" > /etc/yum.repos.d/vscode.repo'
dnf check-update
sudo dnf -y install code
Comments
Post a Comment